Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Choices

Today's Daily Soap {Scripture | Observation | Application | Prayer}
FOR TODAY'S FULL READING, CLICK THE TITLE LINK ABOVE.
  • Scripture: Revelation 21; Genesis 2; Jonah 4
  • Following are notes from the sermon during my recent visit to Common Ground Christian Church in Indianapolis.
  • Do we allow the choices we make to be consistent with the Creator, or with humanity?
  • Creation is moving in one direction, and humanity is moving in the opposite direction. Chaos and frustration is the result.
  • We were not created to live outside of Eden.
  • We can choose to live in Eden, or east of Eden. What will we choose?
  • When we interact with others, do we choose to present them with Heaven or Hell? We are showing them an example of one or the other in our actions.
  • Our choices: are they consistent with God, or consistent with "the pattern of me?"
  • Do we put more stock in the temporary, or in the eternal?
  • Ask yourself: What prevents me from moving back toward Eden? What do I believe in so strongly that it prevents me from moving toward Eden? What compels me to more toward Eden?
  • What we are is the result of a series of choices that we make that have formed us into what we've become. We don't just wake up one day and say, "I think I'll....." Every decision we make is just one more decision built upon and affected by a series of past decisions.
Send feedback to Joe by email, or by calling 317-644-6129.


Your comments?

Joe


No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store