Monday, September 15, 2008

Singing His Praises

Today's Daily Soap {Scripture | Observation | Application | Prayer}
FOR TODAY'S FULL READING, CLICK THE TITLE LINK ABOVE.
  • SI will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever. Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts. They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works. They will tell of the power of your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deeds. They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness. The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made. All you have made will praise you, O LORD; your saints will extol you. They will tell of the glory of your kingdom and speak of your might, so that all men may know of your mighty acts and the glorious splendor of your kingdom. Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made. The LORD upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down. The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food at the proper time. You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing. The LORD is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made. The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them. The LORD watches over all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy. My mouth will speak in praise of the LORD. Let every creature praise his holy name for ever and ever. Psalm 145 [NIV]
  • O: Are we vocally praising God as we should?
  • A: Psalmist David writes of his generation and how they will praise the name of God and talk of his wondrous deeds and awesome power. Are we? The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made. (vv 8-9) I don't recall the last time I told someone of God's great compassion -- of how He is forgiving of all our sins, patiently waiting for us to call on Him, waiting without anger. God has always been more patient with our imperfect race than we have ever deserved. When have I shared that with someone? The LORD is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made. The LORD upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down. (vv 13b-14) God has carried me through some hard times in my life. He has seen me through the loss of loved ones, job loss, and financial hardship. He has always provided for me in the toughtest times. When have I shared that with someone? The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food at the proper time. You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing. (vv 15-16) In all ways, He has provided for me. For me and my family. When have I shared that with someone? The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them. The LORD watches over all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy. (vv 18-20) Could there be anything better than a God who hears our cries and saves us? A God who watches over us and protects us? A God who provides for us and fulfills our needs and desires? A God who protects us from evil by destroying the wicked? My mouth will speak in praise of the LORD. Let every creature praise his holy name for ever and ever. (vs 21)
  • P: Father, help me to open my heart and my mouth and to sing Your praises to the world. Online, on paper, and in person, everywhere I go.
Send feedback to Joe by email, or by calling 317-644-6129.


Your comments?

Joe


No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store