Thursday, September 14, 2006

"THR3E" Times Three

Book ReviewI've spent most of my life in the middle of reading one book or another. I've never thought to count them, but I've read probably thousands of books in my lifetime. There aren't many books that I've enjoyed so much that I've read them more than once, much less three times. In fact, I can think of only a few: Tolkien's The Hobbit, TheTalisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub, Black by Ted Dekker, and, having just completed it for the third time, THR3E by Ted Dekker.

THR3E is a psychological Christian thriller that should appeal to readers of every genre. There's a little suspense, a little horror, a little comedy, and lots of mystery. Imagine you're driving down the road and your cell phone rings. You answer only to be warned that in three minutes your car will be blown up unless you confess. Confess to what? You'll have to solve a riddle first. Ted Dekker takes you through the mind of Kevin Parson, a 28-year old seminary student with a past he isn't proud of. Yet this childhood comes back to haunt Kevin in a way only Dekker could dream up.

Dekker breaks the Christian fiction mold with this suspense-packed thriller. If I hadn't told you, you wouldn't even know it was Christian fiction.

THR3E will be released soon as a major motion picture. I strongly urge you to read the book now, then see the movie when it comes out. You won't be disappointed!

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store