Monday, April 25, 2005

Book Review: Poor Mrs. Rigsby by Kathy Herman

Book ReviewThis is the first book I've read by Kathy Herman. Poor Mrs. Rigsby is both a murder mystery and morals lesson on the pitfalls of loving money. It was a surprisingly good read, and I found myself more compelled to read the more I read. The last half of the book kept me wanting for more.

Kathy Herman delivers the message that "...the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil" in a way that any reader can appreciate. I know many readers who either don't enjoy Christian fiction or who are not believers in the Christian faith would never even consider picking up a novel by a Christian writer. Let me just say that they are cheating themselves out of some fine reading enjoyment. I count several Christian authors among some of the best authors I've read, including Ted Dekker, Frank Peretti, and Bill Myers. In fact, Ted Dekker is probably the best suspense author I've read, and if you can't imagine a Christian horror story, maybe you should check out Frank Peretti. I may soon add Kathy Herman to that list. She writes a good, solid mystery that should keep you turning the pages, even if you don't like Christian fiction. I will soon be reading more of her works.

Tell me what you think.

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store