Wednesday, October 19, 2005

AvantBlog

I'm constantly searching for a better way to post to my blog when I'm away from the computer. Blogger allows email posting and mobile audio posts by phone, which are both great, but I can't quite format them the way I'd like.

HBlogger software lets me post from my Palm, but again has some formatting issues and requires a mobile internet connection, which I don't always have access to.

AvantGo, the mobile offline web reading service, now offers AvantBlog, a free blogging channel that I'm writing this post on now from my Palm Zire 72. I can post with a mobile internet connection or when I next sync my Palm with my PC.

It's only compatible with Blogger, but it's quite cool!

Joe

2 comments:

borkazoid said...

Actually AvantBlog was written by me (Beau Lebens, over at Dented Reality), and I've also got a version available for TypePad users, called (of course!), AvantType.

Hope you're liking AvantBlog and thanks for the mention!

Beau

Average Joe American said...

As of 9/30/2006, I have been unable to log into AvantBlog to post to Blogger. I'm now using Blogger Beta, but had this problem with the old version of Blogger, as well. I have emailed the creator of AvantBlog, and will post an update here when (and if) I receive one.

Joe

Average Joe's Review Store