Sunday, May 7, 2006

Book Review: House by Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker

Book ReviewTed Dekker is one of my favorite authors. He's written such incredible tales as Thr3e, Obsessed, and The Circle trilogy, among others.

Most recently, I read his newest release, written in collaboration with Frank Peretti: House.

From the opening page, House is a very compelling read -- a page turner. It starts face paced and never slows down. House is well-written and well-developed, but somehow it just left me empty.

The book had an ending that left me feeling as if the story was never fully resolved. Not that it was left with an open ending, but that the story never really got told.

I often wonder how two authors can collaborate on a novel. How can they possibly share the same vision from start to finish? I don't know what happened in House, because both Peretti and Dekker are very talented authors, but somehow it just didn't satisfy me like they're previous, individual works.

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store