Thursday, May 11, 2006

Canned SPAM

I sent my email to the office of Indiana's Senator Evan Bayh last night, and received this response today:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: From the Office of Senator Evan Bayh
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 10:32:18 -0400
From: noreply@bayh.senate.gov

Thank you for contacting me regarding S.J. Res. 1, the Marriage Protection Amendment. I appreciate your thoughts and concerns.

As you may know, The Marriage Protection Amendment was introduced in the Senate on January 24, 2005. This legislation seeks to amend the Constitution of the United States by defining marriage as the union of a man and a woman. Currently, S.J. Res. 1 is before the Senate Committee on the Judiciary. While I am not a member of this committee, I will be monitoring this issue closely.

You may be pleased to know, I support the Defense of Marriage Act which recognizes marriage under Federal law as the union between a man and a woman while giving states the authority to do the same. Please be assured, that as similar legislation makes its way to the full Senate, I will certainly keep your views in mind.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I hope the information I have provided is helpful. My website, http://bayh.senate.gov, can provide additional details about legislation and state projects, and you can also sign up to receive my monthly e-newsletter, The Bayh Bulletin , by clicking on the link at the top of my homepage. I value your input and hope you will continue to keep me informed of the issues important to you.

Office of Senator Evan Bayh
(202) 224-5623
Russell 463
Washington, D.C. 20510

Not much of substance there. Maybe by SPAM filter will catch it next time.

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store