Monday, May 29, 2006

One Month In

My daughter will be one month old at the end of this week. One month. WOW! It's been kind of a long month, too.

My son seemed to adapt rather quickly and adjust rather well to having a new baby in the house. I was both shocked and amazed at how well he did. I was home for the first two weeks with our new daughter, and gave my son lots of attention while my wife tended to the new baby, hoping to keep my son from feeling neglected.

I may have overdone it a bit. My once well-behaved little boy seems to be crying out for attention quite a bit these days. He doesn't seem to think he has to behave anymore, and will often strike out and do something he has just been corrected about.

Our little girl is doing very well, and seems to have adjusted quite well. She has put on weight at a very healthy pace, though she looks quite chunky to us, still. Sometimes, the truth be told, when my daughter is crying and my son is whining -- she for seemingly no rational reason and he for some kind of snack or toy that he feels has been denied him -- I just feel the pressure getting so high that I need to get away for a few minutes. Today I went into my restroom -- without any prompting from nature -- and just sat in the silence for a few minutes. Is that wrong?

We still have quite a way to go in the trek of parenthood. Our children are both wonderful children whom we love and adore very much. I'm sure all will work out in the end. I'm just not sure I'll have much hair left on my head when it's all over.

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store