Monday, March 6, 2006

Book Review: Thunder of Heaven by Ted Dekker

Book ReviewIf you ask me who my favorite author is, my answer would have to be Ted Dekker. With such compelling reads as The Circle trilogy (Black, Red, and White), Obsessed, and Thr3e (the movie adaptation is currently in production), and many others, Ted Dekker weaves a tale of good versus evil unlike anything I've seen from any other author.

I most recently finished reading one of his earlier works from the The Martyr's Song series, Thunder of Heaven. While this book is best appreciated as a part of the series, it is an entirely enjoyable read on it's own. Written before the 9/11 attacks on our nation, with slight modifications afterward, Thunder tells the tale of a terrorist organization with designs on launching a nuclear attack on the United States. What makes this story so compelling is the surprise ending.

Dekker weaves a tale that is both believable and shocking all at once. To go into too much detail would be to reveal too much of the story in advance. All I can say is, read it.

Coming soon, Ted Dekker's newest work, Showdown. Stay tuned.

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store