Monday, October 3, 2005

Sweet Candy Bar Dreams

Do you ever have silly dreams that don't seem to have any roots in reality? As I repeatedly hit the snooze button this morning trying to squeeze in every extra minute of sleep that I possibly could, my wife woke me from just such a dream.

I was in a grocery store, I believe, and found myself talking to a representative from the M&M/Mars candy company. He and an assistant were stocking the shelves with the latest entry into the M&M line. It was a chocolate cookie type of snack about the size of a York peppermint pattie, about twice the thickness. I don't remember there being anything unique about the cookie, though it would probably be sparsely populated with M&M Minis if it was real.

The M&M Rep offered me a sample of the cookie and asked for my opinion. With the agreement of his assistant I tried to convince the Rep that a normal chocolate cookie should not be sold under the M&M label.

As I continued my perusal of the candy bar aisle -- which is as much reality as it was dream -- I noticed several other new candy bars, including a mint Kit Kat and a brand new variety called Nextbar.

Responding to my wife's constant nudgings, I finally roused myself from my sweet chocolatey dream and pulled myself out of bed.

I don't know if there's a chocolate cookie M&M in production now or if there will be in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if there's already a mint Kit Kat on the shelves, though I don't recall actually seeing one. And though I don't know any details about this Nextbar, it seems I've heard mention of acandy bar named Nextbar before (a Google search turns up no candy bar named Nextbar).

Whatever happens, remember that you heard it here first.

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store