Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11 Remembered

Five years ago today, my generation lived through it's "Day of Infamy." Two hi-jacked airliners crashed into the twin towers of the World Trade Center. One hi-jacked airliner crashed into the Pentagon. Another hi-jacked airliner was downed in a field in Pennsylvania by a brave group of passengers who refused to be used as a weapon.

I was on vacation at the time, spending some relaxing time at home. I woke up to the reports of the initial attacks, and recorded many of my thoughts, as well as many of the news reports, for my own future reference. Those thoughts and news reports are what follow in a real-time replay of the events of that tragic day.

To receive instant notifications of posts by email, subscribe at . To submit your comments or memories, email me at averagejoe.blogs@gmail.com.

For more detailed coverage of that fateful day -- a day that changed everything we know about the world -- tune into CNN.com. They will be rebroadcasting online their reports from that day from 8 am to midnight.

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store