Thursday, September 7, 2006

The Daily Gripe #33 - Sleepless in Indiana

My four-month-old daughter still doesn't sleep through the night. It can become quite exhausting when your night goes something like this:

8:30 pm - Put my son down to sleep.
9:00 pm - Put my daughter down to sleep.
9:15 pm - Warn my son one last time that he better quit playing around and go to sleep.
10:00 pm - I'd like to go to sleep, but I've had no time to do anything, so I don't.
11:00 pm - Finally give up trying to read because I keep falling asleep.
11:15 pm - My wife and I turn in for the night.
12:00 or 2:00 am - My daughter wakes up hungry.
12:30 or 2:30 am - Put my daughter back to sleep. I usually lay on the couch after that, because...
..Every 15 minutes for the next three hours - Get up and give my daughter her pacifier back so she'll stop crying.
4:30 am - This is when I start getting ready for work, and if my daughter isn't sleeping, my wife has to take over.

I know I've created this problem for myself by teaching my daughter that crying gets the response she wants. But somehow at 3:00 in the morning, I don't care about that as much as I do about getting some sleep. I can't remember the last time my wife and I both had a solid night of sleep. I know I can't really complain about a baby, but that really gripes me, anyway!

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store