Friday, September 26, 2008

Change

Today's Daily Soap {Scripture | Observation | Application | Prayer}
FOR TODAY'S FULL READING, CLICK THE TITLE LINK ABOVE.
  • S"If you work the words into your life, you are like a smart carpenter who dug deep and laid the foundation of his house on bedrock. When the river burst its banks and crashed against the house, nothing could shake it; it was built to last. But if you just use my words in Bible studies and don't work them into your life, you are like a dumb carpenter who built a house but skipped the foundation. When the swollen river came crashing in, it collapsed like a house of cards. It was a total loss." Luke 6:48-49 [MSG]
  • O: Merely reading the Bible is not enough. We must put God's Word to work in our lives.
  • A: I make a serious attempt to Life Journal every day. To read the Bible and journal on what I've read. I look forward to going to church every Sunday. I produce a Christian music podcast. I want to be used as a tool by God. But do I really put the Word of God to work in my life? Do I let it change me? Do I come away from church, or my Life Journaling, with some life-changing epiphany? Sometimes I think I do, but do I really live out those changes? Not often enough.
  • P: Father, change me. Use me for Your will. Move me, bend me, and shape me. Make the change real in my life.
Send feedback to Joe by email, or by calling 317-644-6129.


Your comments?

Joe


No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store