Monday, September 22, 2008

Time Tracking - Analysis

So what have I discovered over the past week of tracking every waking minute. Most shockingly, probably, is that I spend more time in a week on myself than on anything else. Even more than work. Can that possibly be? 

It sure doesn't feel like it, but more than a third of my week is spent on selfish endeavors, while a third is spent at work (or going to work), and a fourth of my week is spent with my family (or doing things for my family). That leaves less than 5% of my week devoted to my spiritual walk with God.

As tedious as it has been keeping track of everything I do for a full week, it sure is an eye opener. Not only do I need to spend more time with God, but also with my family. My priorities seem to be a bit out of whack.

Though it can be argued that the time I spend at work is actually in support of my family, I still need to move the needle away from self and toward God and Family. That must be my goal going forward.

1 comment:

Jared C said...

Insightful summation. Excellent exercise in getting a peak into what your life is really made up of day to day. I'll bet I would find a similar distribution in my own life. Good luck making adjustments going forward.

Average Joe's Review Store