Friday, August 15, 2008

God Answers Prayer

Today's Daily Soap {Scripture | Observation | Application | Prayer}
  • S: "This is what I want you to do: Ask the Father for whatever is in keeping with the things I've revealed to you. Ask in my name, according to my will, and he'll most certainly give it to you. Your joy will be a river overflowing its banks!" John 16:23-24 [MSG]
  • O: Jesus instructs us to pray to God in His (Jesus') name.
  • A: Much of what I have read lately has been about prayer. If so much of the Bible is about prayer, how important it must be. Yet it seems to me that prayer is highly overlooked in daily life. As a boy, every family meal began with my dad asking God's blessing and giving thanks: prayer. As an adult, that practice has been mostly reserved for special occasions such as Easter, Christmas, and, of course, Thanksgiving. Prayer should be so much more a part of our lives than just something we do in church on Sunday or before a special meal. The day should be like a prayer sandwich. We should start the day with prayer, end the day with prayer, and pepper it with prayer in between. God listens, and God answers prayer, and life is so much better when we walk and talk with God. One of my employees told me a story this week of his son who found himself in legal trouble. This employee (I'll call him "Ted") was struggling with whether to bail his son out or let him learn a lesson. Ted had spoken several times to the victim trying to get him to drop the charges. Ted asked me what I would do, and I wasn't much help. So he told me the next day that he had prayed. "Lord, tell me what to do," he prayed. He felt the Lord moving him to speak with the victim once again. He did, and God answered: the charges have been dropped! God answers prayers prayed in the name of His Son.
  • P: Father, Thank You for giving me this real life, current day example of answered prayer. Help me as I commit to give prayer a greater role in my life.
Send feedback to Joe by email, or by calling 317-644-6129.


Your comments?

Joe


No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store