Friday, February 22, 2008

A Strong Woman

Today's Daily Soap {Scripture | Observation | Application | Prayer}
  • S: Proverbs 31:1-10, 1 Peter 3:1-6
  • O: A man is called to do many things. He is appointed to be the spiritual leader of the house, to be the breadwinner, the protector. Traditionally, anyway.
  • A: It's sad that many women today would argue the role that a man is supposed to have in the family. Many women will tell you that the idea of the man being the spiritual leader, chief breadwinner, and protector of the family is wrong. Many women would say that's a chauvinistic attitude. That's sad, really. Because when a man is in his proper role, and a woman is in her proper role, anyone that's going to be honest with you will tell you that the woman really is the strength of a household. There is truth to the saying that behind every man is a good woman, or however that goes. In today's society, in families that take on the traditional roles, a strong woman in the household is of vital importance. I have told my wife a million times that I'm a Store Manager and she's the Home Manager. When asked by people where my wife works, I always reply that she works at home, and that her job is harder than mine. Raising two kids, maintaining the house, keeping the bills straight, and planning our activities are just a few of the many tasks on her To Do List on a regular basis. My job, though sometimes one of high stress, is basically the same old dull routine day after day. My wife is the First Responder when one of the kids gets hurt, having to take whatever action necessary to comfort and bandage as needed; she is the educator working daily to teach our son to read; she -- like my mother -- is the glue that bonds this family together. As much as I might bellyache about my job, I can truly say one thing -- in the words of Bill Cosby, I've seen my wife's job, and I don't want it!
  • P: Lord, Thank You for the wonderful woman that shares my life. She is truly a blessing beyond that which I could ever deserve. Help me to someday be worthy of such a wonderful gift as her.
Send feedback to Joe by email, or by calling 206-600-4JOE.

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store