Sunday, July 6, 2008

Selecting Elected Officials

Today's Daily Soap {Scripture | Observation | Application | Prayer}
  • S: Hosea 8:4 [MSG] They crown kings, but without asking me. They set up princes but don't let me in on it....
  • O: God should be involved in the process of choosing our leaders.
  • A: Election Day is less than four months away. We'll be choosing our next President -- the "leader of the free world." To what extent have we consulted with God on our vote? Have we gone to Him and asked Him for guidance? For enlightenment? Have we then listened for God's response? Have we truly given any consideration at all to which candidate most closely possesses the value God would want in our leader? Just two days ago I added to my prayer list "Future President of the U.S.," with the intention of praying that we select the best candidate for the job. Maybe it's time we stop listening to the campaign ads and start listening to God.
  • P: Father, open my ears, open my heart, and open my mind. Then enlighten me. Help me to disregard my preconceived notions and listen to your guidance.
Send feedback to Joe by email, or by calling 317-644-6129.

Register to vote. Get your national voter registration form here. Accepted by all 50 states.

Your comments?

Joe


No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store