Sunday, July 27, 2008

Kolachies!

My wife made some of the most amazing treats you could every imagine. It's something my grandmother used to make for myself, my brother, and my father every Christmas (there's a long story behind that, I'll share it with you later). It's been several years since Gram passed on, and every Christmas, the absence of Kolachies made her absence more conspicuous. My wife has made me something similar from time to time using a recipe she found online, but they were never quite the same. This year, for my 40th birthday (later this week), she made some of Gram's original recipe, which she obtained secretly form my brother's wife. I have to tell you, they are incredible! I'll share more about them, including pictures (but NOT the recipe) later. -- Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store