Thursday, July 17, 2008

God Provides Our Needs

Today's Daily Soap {Scripture | Observation | Application | Prayer}
  • S: Don't be obsessed with getting more material things. Be relaxed with what you have. Since God assured us, "I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you," we can boldly quote, God is there, ready to help; I'm fearless no matter what. Who or what can get to me? Hebrews 13:5-6 [MSG]
  • O: God will provide.
  • A: It seems that there is always something I need. Scratch that -- something that I want. In fact, I can see it in my whole family. There are several books I want. My wife wants new furniture for our formal living room. My son wants just about everything he sees. And it sure would be nice to have a newer car (but without the car payment, of course). But we don't really need all of those things (my wife would argue that we do need new furniture for the living room). Everything we need, God has provided. Food, clothing, shelter, transportation, friends and loved ones, etc. Even after doubling our house payment and taking on the practice of tithing ten percent of our income, God still gives us more than we need. Sometimes, I think we just don't see the difference between want and need.
  • P: Lord, Thank You for your constant provisions. Help us, Father, to see the difference between want and need, and to remain thankful and obedient.
Send feedback to Joe by email, or by calling 317-644-6129.


Your comments?

Joe


No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store