Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Proof Is In The History Books

Today's Daily Soap {Scripture | Observation | Application | Prayer}
  • S: For a long time now, I've let you in on the way I work: I told you what I was going to do beforehand, then I did it and it was done, and that's that. I know you're a bunch of hardheads, obstinate and flint-faced, So I got a running start and began telling you what was going on before it even happened. That is why you can't say, 'My god-idol did this.' 'My favorite god-carving commanded this.' You have all this evidence confirmed by your own eyes and ears. Shouldn't you be talking about it? ... I show you what to do, where to go. If you had listened all along to what I told you, your life would have flowed full like a river, blessings rolling in like waves from the sea. Isaiah 48:3-6, 16 [MSG]
  • O: God -- through His Word -- has shown us what to expect. The proof is in the history books.
  • A: Those who would dispute the accuracy of the Bible have (and will continually) distorted historic events to try to present the "evidence" of why the Bible is not true. I was recently in a discussion online with one such person who claims to be a devout Christian very active in his church, who just happens to believe that the Bible is not the divinely inspired Word of God, but rather a collection of symbolic parables, allegories, and some history that we can use as a suggested guide to living. I won't attempt to judge this individual whose claims don't seem to fall in line with his actions. I know what I believe, and I know it because it is proven. More than a fourth of the Bible is prophetic -- telling us what will happen at a time later than it was foretold. Throughout history, these prophecies have been fulfilled -- come true -- time after time. How then, with such evidence of predictions come true, can we not believe in God's Word? I told you what I was going to do before hand, then I did it and it was done, and that's that. Case closed.
  • P: Father, Thank You for closing the case on Your Word. Though doubters will continue to spout their lies trying to discredit You and further the cause of the enemy, Your Word is the indisputable truth.
Send feedback to Joe by email, or by calling 317-644-6129.


Your comments?

Joe


No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store