Wednesday, November 8, 2006

And So It Goes.....

Now that it's all been decided, and the fallout has already begun (with the "resignation" of Secretary Rumsfeld, I think I'll take a little break from talking politics. Campaign season can be pretty taxing, just trying to stay up to date with everything that's going on and getting the word out about the candidates you support.

So, for the next few days at least, I'm going to try not to speak about politics. No promises -- something crazy could happen that I just can't keep quiet about. But for now, I think, I'll try to focus on my family and sit back and think forward to 2008, the Presidential race to come, and whether the Republicans will regain any ground in the House and Senate in 2008.

If you voted in this election, you deserve a pat on the back for doing your American duty. If you didn't vote, you should be ashamed of yourself. And if you couldn't vote because you aren't even registered, well, shame is too good for you. Get yourself out there and register, because it all starts over now, and we'll be going to the polls again in 729 days, and you have a responsibility as an American citizen (if, that is, you are an American citizen -- for those reading this elsewhere, please forgive my rant) to participate in the process and vote. This great thing called Democracy can only function to it's fullest potential with the cooperation and participation of every citizen.

But I digress. Enjoy the post-election day weekend. Try to get away from the politico-babble on TV, if you can, and get out and enjoy a little late autumn weather before the first snowflake falls.

Joe
Comment

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store