Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Ungripe

Unable to find a site online last night where I can order a replacement charging jack for my PDA, I got an idea. I plugged the USB Sync Cable in overnight. There is no indication, and so far as I know no claim, that the USB cable provides a charge, but it must -- this morning my PDA was fully charged.

I had my backup PDA, an old Palm m105, out and ready to use in the meantime. I'm writing and posting this from that old PDA. But my trusty Zire 72 is in my pocket, ready to be pressed into service.

Joe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had thought to mention that.

The USB cable is the only way to charge my BlackBerry (what I affectionately call my Dingleberry). Even the wall charger uses a USB end to connect to the Dingleberry.

How did we ever live without them?!

Average Joe American said...

I actually thought of this because the last Palm I owned, a Zire 71, did charge from the USB port. It acutally displayed a charging indicator on the screen. I wasn't sure if my Zire 72 would charge by USB, because it doesn't display such a charging indicator. I'm happy to say, I haven't been crippled.

I don't know how I ever lived without my PDA before. I've been using some sort of PDA (or, electric organzer, in the pre-PDA era), for almost twenty years. I'm not about to try to go without now.

Joe

Average Joe's Review Store