Friday, August 18, 2006

Appreciation

Sometimes I think I can get so caught up in the mundane tasks of daily life; the pressure to meet deadlines at work; the constant stress of just trying to make ends meet -- I get so bogged down with life sometimes that I know I don't always show my wife how much I love and appreciate her. It is, sadly, an easy thing to do, forgetting to adequately express to someone how much we value them. And it's always those people whom we hold most dear that we so easily take for granted.

Think about it:
- How many times a day do you say Thank You to someone while at work?
- At a restaurant, you thank the waiter for bringing your order, getting a drink refill, even giving you back your change in a manner that makes it easy for you to tip.
- When was the last time you walked into a building and thanked a complete stranger for holding the door for you? Or maybe you held the door for the stranger.
Now, being completely honest with yourself, give it just a little more thought:
- How long has it been since you told someone how wonderful your spouse is? Maybe he's a great husband, or she's a wonderful mother.
- Did you thank your wife for fixing supper for the family last night? Or your husband for cutting the grass last Sunday?
- When was the last time you thanked your spouse for opening the door for you? Or held the door open for him or her?
If it's just being polite when we do these things for people we've never met, what is it when we don't do them for those whom we love the most? It's unacceptable, and I'd venture a bet that if you're reading this, you're as guilty of such oversight as I am.

To my wonderful wife, I apologize. You are the most beautiful woman in the world to me and more important than life itself. You are an exceptional mother, a great cook, and a reliable friend. Thank you for cooking, cleaning, and raising our two precious children. Thank you for caring, sharing, and giving. Thank you for loving me.

Now's your chance, readers. Go tell that special someone just how special he or she is. And don't wait so long next time!

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store