Saturday, August 5, 2006

The Road to Recovery

Today, I finally found the location where I crashed my car on Thursday. It helped that I finally realized exactly how the accident happened. I originally thought I had slid sideways into the ditch on the northbound side of the road I was travelling (northbound). In fact, I spun 270 degrees, slid across the oncoming southbound lane, and into the ditch on the opposite side of the road from where I was travelling.

I stopped at the site on my way home from work tonight, took a couple of pictures, and looked around to see what was left behind. I found the glass from the passenger's door window, parts of both broken taillights, and several marks in the dirt from where the card slid, tumbled, and landed.

I even got another look at the view from my windshield after the crash (minus the torrential downpour, of course). It was on my drive to work this morning that I recognized the location for the first time. I couldn't find it at all yesterday. It was kind of eerie this morning as I approached the curve. For the briefest moment, I experienced going into the slide again as if it was the first time. Not literally, but in my mind. I could see the rain falling hard and feel the back tires slide out from under me. It was almost more of a scare than it was when it actually happened on Thursday.

I keep telling my wife that I can't wait to get this put so far behind us that it's just a distant memory. I dug the small piece of glass out of my thumb today, as well. I'd say I'm on the road to recovery.

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store