Tuesday, August 8, 2006

The Daily Gripe #18 - Negativity

It's time for The Daily Gripe, from Average Joe American.

It's very easy to gripe and complain, gripe and complain, fussing over every little thing that happens in a day. Sometimes we tend to lose sight of the positive and good things that happen in our daily lives.

I started The Daily Gripe to let off a little steam, hone some writing skills, entertain my readers, and just share a little bit of the events of my day. But I don't want to let myself fall into the trap of negativity. Many positive things have happened in my life lately:
1) My beautiful wife delivered a beautiful, healthy daughter just three months ago. Both are doing quite well.
2) Sales at my store have been on the increase for several months. We are on our longest streak of sales increases in two years. Knock on wood.
3) I survived what could easily have been a fatal car accident with no injuries to speak of.
4) The towing company that pulled my car out of the ditch was very good to me on the charges, and I brought the car home today.
I could easily go on, but those are the major events worth mentioning.

So it isn't all bad, even when it seems that Murphy's Law has become a Constitutional amendment. Too many people only ever focus on the negatives. That really gripes me!

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store