Friday, January 25, 2008

More On Toshiba's Poor Customer Service Attitude

Yesterday, I shipped my notebeook computer off to Toshiba for them to either figure out what's wrong with it and fix it, or to replace it. You can find the complete history of the thing here, but briefly, it has been in the repair shop several times. The long list of replaced components includes a Hard Drive, two USB boards, and three System Boards. Now it also has a failed display screen backlight.

So I mailed the think off yesterday, and I receieved a notice in my email today from the Better Business Bureau -- with which I have filed a complaint against Toshiba -- that there has been activity on my complaint. What activity, you might ask?


Company's Final Response
Final Response - Posted 1-22-2008

A TAIS representative has contacted our customer, we are currently assisting the
customer with a repair. At this time we will consider this matter closed.

My computer hasn't even made it to Toshiba yet for them to figure out what's wrong with it, and they've already CLOSED my BBB complaint? And it doesn't appeart that the Better Business Bureau even gives me the chance to comment, etc., on the status of my complaint.

I've got news for Toshiba. There's much more looming on the horizon about this issue. More of that to come later.

In the meantime, you can view the entire complaint history here.

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store