Tuesday, November 25, 2008

#NaNoWriMo: Mission Accomplished!

NaNoWriMoWith six days left in the month of November, I have completed the rough draft of my first novel, 24 Hours With Spencer Field, and have been officially declared a WINNER of this year's National Novel Writing Month challenge.

My novel came to me surprisingly smoothly. I thought I had an idea for the book, but scrapped that on October 31st and flew by the seat of my pants. My characters took over and the novel wrote itself.

I will be taking a couple of weeks away from the novel to clear my head and enjoy the holidays with family. Then, after Christmas, I'll dig back into the rough draft and do some rewrite work on it, hopefully soliciting some proof-readers and reviewers, and look into self-publishing and print-on-demand options.

Writing has been something I have enjoyed all of my life. I have written several short stories and many, many poems, and have always wanted to write a novel. It's something that I have always thought I was just too busy to be able to sit down and commit the time to. NaNoWriMo proved me wrong, and I now have my first novel (and a serious start on the plot for the sequel to it) to prove it.

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store