Monday, March 3, 2008

Preparedness

Today's Daily Soap {Scripture | Observation | Application | Prayer}
Today's SOAP
inspired by
The Leadership Bible

  • S: Genesis 3:15
  • O: God sees all, knows all, and has a plan for the future.
  • A: From before the creation of the world, God had a plan. He knew that Eve would fall to temptation. He knew that man would struggle with sin. He knew that His Son would die on the cross to save us from our sins. And He knew that someday His Son would return us to take us to be with Him. Sometimes in my daily work, it's hard just to plan the activites for the current day, much less thousands of years into the future, as God has done. It can be difficult to get everyone else to align their plans with my own. It can be difficult to get everyone else to be productive. And it can be impossible to get those to whom I report to allow me to just run the business without their frequent interruption into the things that I know need to be done. Nevertheless, I can only be a successful leader if I'm always prepared with a plan. Rudy Giuliani said it in his book Leadership: you cannot always be prepared for what will happen, but if you prepare yourself and your team for what may happen, you are more likely to be prepared for any situation and will handle any eventuality.
  • P: Lord, help me to be prepared. Not just in my career, but in the leadership you've called me to at home. Help me to be prepared for what might happen, so that when the unexpected happens, it really isn't so unexpected. Thanks to Your divine plan, I'm already prepared for Eternity. Help me, now Lord, to be prepared for today, tomorrow, and next week, and what the world might throw at me over that course of time.
Send feedback to Joe by email, or by calling 206-600-4JOE.

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store