Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mobile PostMobile Post

Haven't Been 'Round Here Much Lately


Cincinnati RedsAs things have been incredibly hectic at work lately, and with other responsibilities I've taken on in our subdivision, I haven't been around here much lately.

One week ago I took on a new career challenge: same company, new position. The job will pay me a bit more money but will be quite challenging for a time. Challenges that will ultimately prove rewarding, I hope. It's also a nice break from the same old routine of the past six years.

On the homefront, I've been asked to be the Crime Prevention Coordinator of our subdivision. A position that the IMPD doesn't recognize because they have an officer that is supposed to fill that role for interested communities. That's probably for the best, though, as I'm afraid the increased demands at work will prevent me from being the best Crime guy I could be.

Additionally, our home A/C unit has gone out on us at the hottest (so far) time of the season. Not the way I would choose to spend $5000 if I had the option. But it has to be done, because I like to sleep without sticking to the bed.

As if all of that wasn't enough already, the other evening while working from home, the motherboard in my Sony Vaio gave up the ghost without warning. Man, I hate computers! I'm blogging right now from my Palm Lifedrive, which is currenty my primary means of accessing email, etc.

Anyway, it's likely to stay a bit quiet around here for a while. I'll make occassional posts as time permits (and when I have something worth saying), but there won't be many reviews or other commentary for a while. But don't give up ... all will be restored to normal eventually. Until then, I enjoy the best distraction a man from Cincinnati can hope for: a hard-charging first place Reds team.
Mobile Post
Mobile Post

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store