Thursday, January 22, 2009

All It Takes Is Faith

SOAPSOAP {Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer}:
FOR TODAY'S FULL READING, CLICK THE TITLE LINK ABOVE | ABOUT SOAP

SCRIPTURE
14 At the bottom of the mountain, they were met by a crowd of waiting people. As they approached, a man came out of the crowd and fell to his knees begging, 15 “Master, have mercy on my son. He goes out of his mind and suffers terribly, falling into seizures. Frequently he is pitched into the fire, other times into the river. 16 I brought him to your disciples, but they could do nothing for him.” 17 Jesus said, “What a generation! No sense of God! No focus to your lives! How many times do I have to go over these things? How much longer do I have to put up with this? Bring the boy here.” 18 He ordered the afflicting demon out—and it was out, gone. From that moment on the boy was well. 19 When the disciples had Jesus off to themselves, they asked, “Why couldn’t we throw it out?” 20 “Because you’re not yet taking God seriously,” said Jesus. “The simple truth is that if you had a mere kernel of faith, a poppy seed, say, you would tell this mountain, ‘Move!’ and it would move. There is nothing you wouldn’t be able to tackle.” 

OBSERVATION
Faith is all it takes.

APPLICATION
God has given us tools to do his work. We have the Bible, we have platforms (such as the web, work, school, clubs, sports organizations, etc.) that God has placed us in to allow us to share his Word.

Amazing, really, that the early disciples who walked and talked with Jesus were later accused by Him of having no sense of God, of not taking God seriously. He told them that they didn't have even the smallest amount of faith, or they would have been able to work the wonders of healing the man's son.

How am I with doing God's work? Do I have the faith to spread His Word? Do I use every encounter I have as an opportunity to share Christ? Or is my faith so small that I back down in fear of ridicule, persecution, or discipline?

PRAYER
Father, help me to be more faithful in sharing Your Word in my daily encounters. Whether I share it through my words or my actions, help me to be a beacon of Your love to those around me.

Your comments?

Joe





No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store