Monday, October 1, 2007

Just a few random thoughts today. The all-too-short weekend
is behind me, and a long week lies ahead, with a trip to
Dayton, Ohio, on Wednesday for a one-day meeting.

Things are starting to take shape for me at work. Staffing
has taken a turn for the better, and I'm very close to where
I would like to be with the staffing situation at work.
Not a moment too soon, either, with year-end inventory just
two weeks away, and Christmas just around the corner. It'll
be nice to have the staff I need to run the store efficiently.

On the homefront, we purchased a bunk-turned-loft bed that
we found on Craig's List ( http://www.craigslist.com ) for
my son. We put it together yesterday and just need to get
a new mattress for it. It's a top-bunk sleeper, and my son
was a little hesitant about sleeping so high off the floor.
I'm sure he'll do fine with it.

I think my wife and I are going to be going to another Christmas
concert this year. She's a big fan of Clay Aiken, and last
year I took her to see his Christmas concert in Merrillville,
Indiana. This year she thought she wasn't going to be able
to get tickets, but I think we're going to be able to work
it out. Our five-year wedding anniversary is on the day
after Thanksgiving, which is a key day in Retail Management,
so I'm going to be stuck working most of the day. So I told
her we'll celebrate our anniversary with a trip to the concert.

I saw a shooting star this morning streaking across the
sky. Pretty cool! Nothing else for now.

Joe

(Sent via email from my Palm OS handheld device.)

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store