Monday, May 7, 2007

Never Enough (Vacation) Time

Vacations never seem to last long enough. Especially when it's a stay-at-home vacation taken just to spend a little time with the family. We had no travel plans for this short (six-day) time away from work: a trip to the zoo, a birthday party for our daughter. We've just spent some quality time at home together.

Today is Day Five of that quality time, and I found myself starting to feel a little bummed out over that this morning. Sitting at the breakfast table with my wife and the kids, I caught myself staring off into space thinking of how I just haven't had enough time this vacation before going back to work. As hectic as things can be spending the whole day at home with an infant and a toddler day after day, it sure is better than spending the entire day at work with infantile adults day after day.

It's back to work on Wednesday, so I better go and make the most of this remaining time with the family. Because there never is enough time.

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store