Thursday, May 17, 2007

Missing In Action

Sometimes things can just get so hectic in life that it can be difficult to find the time to do the things that we really like to do. For me, that has been blogging.

With all the chaos surrounding my currently inoperable car and trying to get it fixed, as well as the every day stress of everything that goes on at work (plus a meeting in Dayton, Ohio, plus a visit yesterday by our Divisional Vice President), it can sometimes be tough to take the time to sit down and just blog.

I podcast, because I can do that anywhere. Using my Palm Tungsten T3, I can record while I'm driving, while I'm walking, during lunch, anywhere I go, no matter what I have to do. I can record my comments, then later select the music and put it all together. Sure, I could probably use that podcast-mixing time to do some blogging, but I'm committed to an episode a week, and there's some really great music I just have to share.

UPDATES:

So yesterday I went to work hoping to be able to pick up my repaired car after work. I called, and called, and called the mechanic that's doing the repairs for me, and he never answered the phone. During all of this, my District Manager and Divisional Vice President were at my store for a visit (the first time the DVP had ever been to my store). The visit went very well (the DVP said the store looks "great").

After the visitors left to do a performance appraisal, I got into my little rental car (Dodge Caliber: a full review coming soon) and drove to the house of the mechanic that is supposed to be fixing my car. He came to the door armed with excuses. He claims to have a car in his garage on the lift (yes, this guy actually has a lift in his own garage at home) that is waiting on some transmission parts, and can't get mine into the garage yet to begin his work. He expected to have the needed parts for that car today and would call me and let me know how things are going. I haven't heard from him yet today.

My poor wife has something on her face. Or in her eye. Or something. A few days ago, her right eye was swollen and itching. I tried to go get her some Benadryl for it (she has a mild allergy), but she refused. Yesterday, as the problem persisted, she made it out herself to pick up some medicine. Today, the problem remains. In fact, it almost acts like poison ivy now on the right side of her face. Except that she is extremely allergic to poison ivy, and I think if that was the problem it would cover more of her body than just her face. We don't know what it is yet, but we're hoping that calamine lotion will help.

There really hasn't been much more going on. Things have just been so hectic at work since returning from my brief vacation respite that I don't seem to have the time to do much of anything else. Except, maybe, play with the kids and podcast.

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store