Friday, May 4, 2007

Baby Birthdays

Click to ExploreMy little girl turned one year old yesterday. It seems like just yesterday she was born. I took a few days of vacation to be home with the family -- and to make sure I don't miss my daughter's birthday.

We packed up the whole family yesterday and went to the Indianapolis Zoo. It was my daughter's first trip to the zoo, and she really seemed to love the carousel and the Dolphin Tank. She smiled so big while riding the carousel with her mommy, and she couldn't quit jabbering and pointing at the dolphins swimming over and around us in the Dolphin Tank.

She also had ice cream for the first time at Maggie Moo's. It's the same place we took our son for his first taste of ice cream on his first birthday. If you haven't tried Maggie Moo's ice cream, and there's one near you, you really should give it a try. It is absolutely the creamiest, richest (though not too rich) ice cream I have ever eaten. And I've only had it twice -- on my kids first birthdays. Maybe that makes it just a little more special.

Tomorrow is the big birthday part at the park. My wife rented a building and is making the cake herself. I have to say, my wife makes some beautiful, delicious cakes, so I'm really looking forward to it. She's been working on it for about a week now, and it promises to be something really special. We're hoping that the family will all be there for this once-in-a-lifetime event.

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store