Sunday, April 1, 2007

Baffled By In-Laws

I don't understand what's wrong with my in-laws. Yesterday while my wife was talking on the phone with her mother, my son asked to talk to her. My wife put him on the phone and he asked his grandma, "May I please come over to your house and play?" She told this 3-1/2 year old boy, "I'm not sure what we're doing today." Which, of course, means "no."

Today, we're at their house for my wife's birthday. My son was sitting on my father-in-law's lap and said, "Hey. I love you." What do you suppose this grandfather said? "You do?" That's right, not "I love you, too," but just a plain, noncommittal "you do?"

I don't understand these people. But maybe I have a little better understanding now of why my wife is not the most affectionate person in the world.

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store