Saturday, December 24, 2005

Comments From Kroger

On December 12 I shared with you an experience at the local Kroger grocery store, and comments I sent to Kroger via their website about my dissatisfaction. I told you I would share with you any response I received from them. Two days later I received the following response:

Thank you for contacting The Kroger Co. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your concern regarding the lack of available shopping carts, employees smoking outside the
entrance, and the long wait at the customer service desk at our store located at 2650 Wabash Ave.

We are committed to providing you with the most enjoyable shopping experience possible and your comments provide us the opportunity to evaluate, address, and correct any inconvenience we may have caused. Your comments have been forwarded to our regional office for review and follow-up.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Teresa Hanner
Consumer Affairs
If you read my comments from the twelfth, you can see that they clearly misinterpreted what my complaint was about. I didn't complain about no carts, smoking employees, and long lines. I complained that on a cold day there were no carts because the employees (including the Store Manager) were outside smoking instead of gathering carts and that I decided not to wait in line at the store to complain when I saw that one of the smoking employees was the Store Manager that I was hoping to complain to.

I've heard no other word from Kroger, which is a bit disappointing, because I feel that they did not do this customer the justice of even addressing my concern.

I just wanted to share that with you.

Merry Christmas!

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store