Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Movie Reivew: Paul Blart Mall Cop

MoviePaul Blart Mall Cop was released today on DVD and Blu-ray, and my wife and I have been looking forward to it. It isn't often that a movie comes out that actually makes me laugh out loud, but with Kevin James behind Paul Blart as creator and star, Mall Cop fulfills its promise to entertain.

Mall Cop isn't necessarily a movie intended for the entire family, as there is frequent use of mild profanity, but there was nothing else I could find of offense in the movie. About the first half of the movie is much like watching the Kevin James hit TV series, King of Queens, as Paul Blart is very much the same character as Doug Heffernan. At times during the first half of the movie, I found my mind wondering just a bit, or found myself not too disappointed when distracted by something my son would say or do. But about half way through the movie, when the action really kicked in and we get to see James playing the role of Paul Blart a la John McClane of Bruce Willis' Die Hard fame, I found myself engrossed.


Direct video link.

Imagine Die Hard meets Homer Simpson, and you'll get a pretty accurate picture of what Paul Blart lives through in his dedication to defend the people of his mall against the invading force of a band of Black Friday thugs out to steal thirty million dollars worth of the credit card transactions on the busiest shopping day of the year. And just like Homer Simpson, Paul Blart manages to pull through in the end.

While I don't recommend Paul Blart Mall Cop for the entire family, it is harmless and enjoyable fare for viewers over the age of twelve or thirteen. I haven't laughed so hard at a movie in I don't know how long.

Your comments?

Joe





No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store