Thursday, December 6, 2007

Old Man Winter Cometh

The first flakes of snow fell upon Indianapolis this week, but they bypassed my home, about seventy miles west of Indy. I woke up on Tuesday and started my commute to work over dry roads, and pulled into a parking lot at work with about two inches of snow on the ground.

As the picture at left shows, I don't think the snow will be so forgiving this time. I live right on the eastern edge of the snow in this radar picture, right off of Interstate 70. The snow hasn't started falling yet, but the weatherman promises us two to three inches of snow accumulation by morning, as well as possibly a quarter inch of ice accumulation. Guess I'll be waking up early to see what Old Man Winter has delivered for me to tackle during my morning commute.

By the way, if you've been following my house hunt story lately, it looks like everything is a go. I just received word (as close to final as you can get) that we will be moving in just after the first of the new year. What a way to start the new year, in our very own home.

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store