Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Real Phantom Menace

Our dog of nine years was diagnosed with cancer five months ago. You may have been following along with the story here. She has begun declining quite rapidly.

This morning we awoken to several spots of vomit around the house. She won't eat and has a sad, distant look in her eyes.

Several years ago I watched my mother battle cancer. Then my grandmother. And as a child, my grandfather. Cancer is like some kind of Phantom Menace, attacking in stealth and consuming everything in its path. It's hard to keep it in mind, sometimes, that those loved ones who lost to cancer actually won the battle of life and went on to reap their final reward.

Our dog will lose to cancer soon. Is there a place for her in Heaven? I want to think so. I can't imagine anything else for her.

=== This is a mobile post.

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store