Monday, February 9, 2009

Vacation: Day Three - Date Day

VacationToday is day three of my mini-vacation -- meaning I have only two days left before returning to work. As I stated earlier, today was date day. My wife took my son out for several hours this afternoon, and I took my daughter out.

My daughter and I had a great time, just the two of us. We had lunch at Chick-fil-A, where she got to play for almost two hours in the indoor playground. She is just under three years old and has never been able to play in the indoor playgrounds, because she has always had a hard time climbing up into hamster-style tunnels to slide back down the slide, but today she was unbelievable. She was climbing and crawling and sliding all over the place. She was even playing with several other little girls there.

After Chick-fil-A, we went to Barnes and Noble, where I read her a Strawberry Shortcake book and bought her a little stuffed Pablo from Backyardigans (which we ended up exchanging for Uniqua after my wife told me she already had Pablo). We then walked through the OfficeMax next door and looked at the clearance stuff. My daughter's eagle eyes spotted a small package of Tinkerbell pencils, so I bought her those as well.

Our next stop was for ice cream at Maggie Moos. If you haven't tried Maggie Moos ice cream, you really don't know what you're missing. It really is some of the best ice cream you will ever try. My daughter had a sample of Buttered Popcorn flavor ice cream before choosing Blue Cotton Candy. I had Dark Chocolate and Udderly Cream.

After ice cream, we headed home because my daughter wanted to watch Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs with her Daddy.

After the movie (and chips, pretzels, and Chee-tos), we played with her Chick-fil-A balloon while we waited for my wife and son to get home.

It was a very nice day, just getting to spend some one-on-one time with my little girl. Tomorrow we have another surprise for them: an unexpected trip to the Indianapolis Childrens Museum. We usually go on Presidents Day when admission is free, but this year we'll be buying a membership so we can go more often and not feel like we have to stay all day just to see everything.

Your comments?

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store