Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Vacation: Day Five - The Final Day

VacationMy last of five short days of a short vacation is coming to a close. Today was a day of rest and relaxation, for the most part. My wife took the kids to a Valentines Day party this afternoon, while I stayed home working on the cover art for my upcoming book release (stay tuned for details on that when the time comes).

Thunder CatsThis evening we've just been hanging around the house watching some OnDemand cartoons -- my son, for some reason, has become hooked on Thunder Cats, a show that I never got into. Watching it with my son lately, I still don't understand what anyone every saw in it.

Most of the evening, we've been listening to the howling winds outside, while most of the Midwest is under heavy wind warnings. Earlier, I had to chase parts of the kids playhouse down that had blown across the yard, and retrieve a ball that blew from our backyard some six houses away. All of this in the dark and swampy (from recent rains and melted snow) backyard. I'm concerned that the basketball goal might blow over before the night is over, as it has done once before. I hate these windy evenings, when the wind blows so hard against the house that I can't even sleep.

Tomorrow, it's back to work. While I don't look forward to returning to the daily grind, it's probably time. It'll take me three days to get back into the swing of things -- and to reorganize what wasn't done while I was away. Why is it that vacations are never long enough, and that there's always more work to do when you return from one?

Your comments?

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store