Thursday, July 1, 2010

Vacation Day Seven

It's almost over -- only two days of vacation left before returning to
work. I'm not looking forward to it, but then who would be?

Today was mostly relaxation. We got up and went to the Zoo this
morning. Each year we buy a membership in a museum or zoo or
something. Last year was the Indianapolis Childrens Museum. This year
it's the Indianapolis Zoo. What's best about the membership isn't just
being able to go any time you want, but not having to worry about
staying long enough to get your money's worth.

We only spent a few hours at the Zoo today. I was really looking
forward to the new Cheetah exhibit, where you're supposed to be able
to race a Cheetah. Seriously: check them out on the web if you don't
believe me. I was extremely disappointed to arrive and find that all
of the cheetahs were lying in the grass sleeping and the only thing I
could race was a cheetah's track time. It would be an understatement
to say that I felt cheated -- and no, I didn't do it, though I would
have raced the real thing if I could.

Of course, my wife had to visit the dolphins, my son had to visit the
penguins, and my daughter had to ride both the carousel and roller
coaster.

Afterward we had Red Robin for lunch (one of my favorites -- use the
search box to learn more) then just relaxed for the remainder of the
day.

We have no major plans that I'm aware of for the next two days, other
than to rest and relax before returning to work on Sunday.

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store