Saturday, July 3, 2010

Vacation Day Nine

It's all over. Tomorrow, our nation's birthday, is the day I return to
work. It would have been nice to stretch my vacation out one day
longer, but it just didn't work out that way.

Today was a day of rest and relaxation -- the only way to end a
vacation. Other than tearing down and putting away the tent we camped
out in the other night, I pretty much did nothing today.

My wife and I played tag with the kids in the yard for a while. I
grilled a couple of steaks for lunch, trying out my new grill burners
for the first time. We took the dogs on a family
walk around the neighborhood, during which I took note of several
violations of our subdivision's covenant (something I'll need to know
if I do decide to run for President of our Home Owner's Association).

We watched a movie together, then I took the kids on a bicycle ride
(my daughter rode her bike and my son rode his scooter). Then I let
the kids play with their slip and slide and run through the sprinkler
for a while before bathtime.

Now we're relaxing on the couch watching "Hoodwinked" while my wife
prepares homemade ice cream for an Independence Day celebration
tomorrow evening.

It's been a nice vacation, and I hate to see it come to an end.

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store