Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mobile PostMobile Post

Vacation: Day One

Vacation
So I began a six-day vacation today, just as the skies began dumping inches of snow upon us. Perfect timing, I'd say. I'm normally not a big fan of snow, especially when I have to drive to work in it -- it's the other drivers I worry about more than myself. But I do enjoy shoveling the driveway (strange as that may seem) and playing in the snow with my kids.

Today, after shoveling the driveway for the second time, the kids and I were hoping to build a snowman. The snow, unfortunately, was uncooperative. Too dry and fine, it wouldn't pack into snowballs much less snowmen. Instead, we played in the yard using snow shovels to build mountains of snow.

This vacation is one of the best kind: staying home with no place to go, virtually snowed in, with nothing to do but whatever I want. It's going to be a nice little break.

Maybe I'll find time to start reading a good book. I haven't read anything since just before Christmas. It's a rare day when I don't have my nose between the covers of a good book.

I'll certainly find time to play with the kids. Whether we play the Wii they got for Christmas, card games or board games, or get into some form of mischief, I'm sure it'll be a good time.

We've already seen a good movie, as we cuddled up on the couch last night and watched Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs. I may or may not find the time to write a review on the movie.

Vacation. Whether it's a trip or staying home, it can be good times with the family.

What do you like to do on your time off?

Mobile Post
Mobile Post

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store