Sunday, April 19, 2009

Test Driving #Flock

FlockI have been challenged on Twitter to give Flock a whirl. I am a reformed Firefox user, which means that I have switched from Firefox to Google Chrome for my primary web browsing, and use Firefox as a backup from time to time.

Flock is based on the Mozilla platform, as is Firefox, so one might think that switching wouldn't be so hard, but I have a couple of comments/observations on this my first day of playing around with Flock.
  • Flock is so feature-packed that it appears to have a high learning curve (meaning, you can't just jump in and get it right off the bat).
  • Many of the features I used to enjoy in Firefox are available in Flock, which is a plus.
  • Flock, so far, does not appear to be as fast as Google Chrome, but does seem to function faster on my system than Firefox.
That's about it for now, other than to say that I'm writing this post in Google Chrome, because I'm just not yet thrilled by Flock. I did, however, commit to giving it a week before I either give up on it or switch to it. My first impression: I'm not likely to be switching. But I'll try to keep an open mind toward it.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Your comments?

Joe








No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store