Monday, March 16, 2009

What Is "Week of Caring?"

So what, exactly, is the Week of Caring?

Too often it can be too easy to just stumble our way through life, plucking our way through a daily routine, taking life as it comes, and settling into complacency. It can be too easy to take for granted those who we love the most. I know, I've been there. You probably have been, too.

So, this morning, I decided it was time to take a week and overtly care for my wife. To be very obvious that I love her. Not just in words, but in actions. So I'll be posting here this week (often as part of my MicroBlog) about the things that I am doing to show my wife that I love her -- that I care for her.

What might those things be?
  • My wife is feeling a bit under the weather today, so I left work at lunch time (actually took a two hour and fifteen minute lunch) to go home, make lunch for the kids, and check in on her. I discovered she had a low-grade fever of 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit and gave her a fever reducer. I then cleaned up all of the lunch dishes and put my daughter down for her nap before returning to work.
  • At the end of the work day, I left about an hour early to return some library books on the way home, then make dinner for the wife and kids. I then cleaned up the dinner dishes and went to Dairy Queen to get a quart of soft serve ice cream, because my wife said she thought it would be good. I then sat outside with the kids while they played in the yard -- all the while letting my wife continue to rest -- watched a little TV with them, then put them to bed.
I can't share everything here -- not in advance, anyway -- for two reasons. First, I don't know what all I might find myself doing this week to show my love for my wife, and second, I don't want to tip her off to what she can expect. Tomorrow, if my wife is feeling up to it, we'll be heading to Brown County, Indiana, and possibly Edinburgh, to spend a little time out as a family, enjoying the awesome weather forecast for tomorrow. Stay tuned for updates.

Your comments?

Joe





No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store