Monday, June 23, 2008

Obama the Racist

I have a problem with this. The civil war ended almost 140 years ago. Slavery was abolished so long ago that no one alive now ever "legally" owned a slave. Yet we still have companies who choose "affirmative action" over equal opportunity, giving special treatment to minority races who have been oppressed in the past.

I, for one, do not believe that oppression exists at such a level today as to warrant "affirmative action." I also don't feel it would be right for John McCain to use Barack Obama's race as an issue in the Presidential election. In fact, if he did so, he would probably guarantee himself a loss come November.

Why, then, is it okay for Obama to make race an issue? Don't believe me? Watch the video.



Direct video link.

Why should Obama be able to play the race card? If ever there was a time that America was ready for a black or female President, I would say that now is probably that time. For the first time in American history, I could see a black or a female getting elected to the Oval Office -- if they were the right candidate for the job.

I do not think Barack Obama is the right person for the job. Not because he's black (half-black, actually). But because he's a racist! And if there's one thing that America doesn't need, it's to be led by a racist in the White House!

Joe


No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store