Sunday, December 6, 2009

Working Sundays

For the first time in 15 years in Retail Management, I work for a
company that has adopted a set Management schedule for every store in
the chain. This set schedule has me working 7 of 9 Sundays during the
holiday season, after always having Sundays off.

Sundays for me are family days that begin by taking the family to
church. We then do activities together at home or go to lunch, and
just basically enjoy the day as a family.

Today, I'm at work, wondering which bean counter in corporate who has
never worked a day in a store made this set schedule. My family is
home without me.

Later this week I'll be meeting for the second time with two different
companies about a career change. My motivtion for changing is
increasing.

===
Posted with Gmail Mobile

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store