Friday, October 16, 2009

SOAP: Finding new Strength


SOAP {Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer}:
ABOUT SOAP

SCRIPTURE

30 Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. 31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:30-31 [NLT]

OBSERVATION
I find new strength when I put my trust in the Lord.

APPLICATION
The past three months have been hectic at work. My Area Director lost his job when a Senior Vice President visited some stores and wasn't happy with the store conditions. Then a Divisional Vice President came into town and started cracking the whip to get things in shape. He followed that up by sending in a "floating" Area Director, who acts like he has something to prove.

Last week, this floating Area Director decided to start issuing disciplinary write ups to all of the Store Managers -- me included. Now one would expect me to complain and defend myself by saying the write up wasn't warranted, but it's like this: they had to go through four different reasons to write me up before they could find one that would stick, and even then it was bogus. An example? I was written up for a sales measurement when I am number two in the Area!

Today, this Area Director came into the store, made a whirlwind trip around the building, praised many of the things he saw, pointed out several more that he would like us to work on, then asked for the signed copy of my write up. No problem -- I mentioned that it was odd being written up for something I was number two in, then signed it and handed it over.

Shortly after he left to go to the airport, I had lunch and read through Isaiah chapters 40-42 and stumbled upon this verse: 30 Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. 31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:30-31 [NLT] It just seemed to hit home for me. Times can be tough sometimes, and many (and I've seen quite of few) will try to bear the burden on their own. Tuesday, I had an interview for a new position with a new company, and I called the family to pray together before I left. Our prayer was simple: "Father, if this is Your will, make it so. We put our faith in You." And then reading this passage today, I was reminded that those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. A truer thing has rarely been stated.

PRAYER
Yes, Father, I put my faith in You, to guide us through this hectic, trying time in my career; to bring us out the other side happier and more capable to serve You. Have Your own way, Lord.

Your comments?

Joe




No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store