Saturday, October 25, 2008

Let Us Pray

Wow, how quickly time can escape us when we get caught up with the politics of the current Presidential election. It's been how long since I last Life Journaled? Just check the date on my last post.

I've been wrapped up at work with staffing up for the holidays, caught up in the election campaigns, trying to spend time with the kids, and preparing for NaNoWriMo that I've not cracked open my Bible as I should.

I intend to get back on track. In the meantime, I invite you to have a moment of silent prayer. Prayer for the people of our nation as we all prepare to go to the polls in just over a week. Pray that we vote smartly and vote our morals and values, not just because we're caught up in the moment of a certain candidate, or opposed to a candidate due to race, gender, or age. None of those things will make or break a President (or, by extension, the nation).

What matters is what the next President can do for (or to) our country. Prepare your mind by studying the candidates and ignoring the hype. Prepare you heart by spending a little time with God.

And, while you're under the tree, pray that those in support of either candidate who have been committing illegal, despicable acts of violence, vandalism, theft, or fraud, put an end to their shameful ways. This is no way for our country to act.

Stay tuned, as the Daily SOAP will return soon. In the meantime, let us pray.

Your comments?

Joe


No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store